I wrote an article on how to automate the process of updating quotes, updating multiple trading strategies and e-mailing next day signals form the cloud to our own e-mail boxes. This time I am using QuantShare
as the trading software and an Amazon EC2 micro instance as the host cloud.
You can read the article at the QuantShare Blog
is a fairly new piece of software that can be used to develop and backtest trading strategies. It has many features (I will get into them in another article/review). I will just go through a few that interest me. Keep in mind that most of my system backtesting and development has been done in Amibroker.
1. It has a similar "language" and array based logic as Amibroker. That means one can develop quickly in Amibroker and then "detail" the strategy in QuantShare. More...
2. You can write a Money Management script in C# to extend the rules of the main strategy.
3. You can write your own indicators in C# and then call them from the array based language as functions.
4. It has a genetic optimizer that works with a "Rules" list. You can combine rules and "auto-generate" systems in minutes. Or better, take your existing system and "look" for filters or additional rules that might improve it.
5. QS uses custom databases. They can hold quotes, fundamentals Yahoo news, tweets, COT data, whatever. It has a downloaded tool that can be customized to handle all kinds of downloads and update the database. Ready made downloaders exists for different markets. These historical databases can then be called from the backtester. More...
6. There is a community and ready made "scripts" that can be downloaded through the "Sharing Server
7. You can "combine" systems. So you can see the equity curve of trading MySystem1 with MySystem2 and... MySystemN. More...
8. Reasonably priced.
So what's the downside?
The real-time version is still in Beta as of this writing ( 28/10/2012)
. So you cannot connect to a broker or auto-trade, yet.
Labels: automate, cloud, EC2, Market, QuantShare, software, Stock, strategy, strategy signals, trading